Monday, September 15, 2008

The Seed!!

The Catholic Church is a major part of my life. Ever since I was a very small child I have participated in the mass or at church functions. The first role I played at church was Baby Jesus. My parish used to incorporate the Christmas story into the mass. One year my parents played Mary and Joseph. Because I was born close to Christmas time I had the opportunity to play Baby Jesus. The funny thing is that year my brother was a wise man, and my sister was an angel!! So I guess you could say we are a "Holy Family". In third grade I became an Altar Server. Altar Serving was beneficial to my body and soul. My former pastor Father Andrew Baranski taught us many things about the mass and the Catholic Church. As an Altar Server I had the opportunity to meet the Bishop on the Altar, and help him during
confirmations. Besides Altar Serving, I played my saxophone for the music ministry. Playing my saxophone for numerous occasions help me to Praise God and give him Glory. To this day I continue to participate in services at my Newman center and at my home parish.

I am coming to realization that I want to Serve God through my music, and possibly the written word. Particularly at the Daughters of Saint Paul.
I have to thank (blame) JK Father Andrew Baranski for planting the seed for me to think about joining religious life. It was one fall confirmation and I was helping serve for a confirmation. When the Bishop was giving the final annoucement he briefly discussed how we need young people to be witnesses of Christ love. While the Bishop was talking Father Andrew whispered in my ear that I should consider joining religious life. I joked to him that I would become a priest before I become a nun. Fast Forwarding to my junior year of college I started to make steps to consider religious life.

(CONTINUE TOMMOROW)

No comments: