Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Guess What! Not so much!!!!

My life has always been an interesting ride but recently it has become a rollar coaster that I would only like to ride once. So, a few weeks ago I fould out that I didnt really graduate college. Here is the story. During the early morning hours of a Thursday back in December I came back from the library at around 1:00 am. When I walked up to my buiding door I saw a friend standing at the door. He opened the door for me and told me the school's ambulance was coming to my door because my room was unresponsive. My roomate and I went to the hospital. I rode in the front of the ambulance. Not a fun experience. Anyway, we arrived at the hospital a few minutes later. In the meantime we went to get food. I ate some sort of sandwitch at 3:00 am to keep me awake, and something else that tasted funky. When we arrived back at the hospital we waited around a half an hour to finally hear someone could go back and see our roomate. I comforted our roomate and we got her in the car to go back to campus. As we was trying to get to bed she started to breathe heavily and gasp for air. Then she got into her bed, started to seize, and stopped breathing in between her seizures. So we called the ambulance again and this time the actual ambulance came. They sent her back to the hospital. At this time it was around 5 am or so. So around 7 am they came back to the dorms. The night before I was walking back at 1 am my plan was to work on my paper that was due the next day all day until I had other responsiblities. Becase of lack of sleep I couldn't function and work on the paper. So, all day I was bascially a walking zombie. I was impressed enough I was awake enought to have a conversation with an Amazing sister from the Daughters of St. Paul, Sister Margaret Michael. Anyway, when I came back from my responsbilties in the afternoon after dinner I crashed for a few hours. The next day my paper was due and their was no way I knew I could finish it. I sent an emaiil to my teacher explaining the situation. The next day I went to class and asked her about my email. She told me she didnt give out extensions and would take off 20% but would accept the paper later that day. Because of my paper being 6 pages I was in trouble. I handed it what I had. I knew I needed the class to graduate. So I begged for a D, which I figured would give me a 2.0, which would be enough to graduate. Well, the day before graduate she gave me the D and I thought I was in the clear. Well, I walked an everything. Then I just found out that I really didnt have a high enough gpa to graduate. So, right now Im in the process of getting permission to take the class independently so I can have an expensive piece of paper with my name on it. Because I dont know if I can take the class or not my future is kind of on hold. If I cant take it now then I might have to take it in the fall, which would change my plans dramatically. But if Its the will of God then let it be done according to thy will. It will be hard on me but maybe my story will help others do well. I know that part of me not finishing my paper was my fault, and not asking for help when I didnt udnerstand what I was supposed to do. I wished I did things differently but everything I did I have learnd from and gain experience from.

No comments: