Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fifth day of silence

I woke up with a funny feeling within me today. last night I dreamt of priest and nuns. One of the priests I met at a byzantine catholic pigrtimage was saying mass for us, My father did not approve so Father Jack was comforting me. For some reason he said mass, I dressed, had some problems doing that because I apparently forot where some of the robes were. So after the mass he was holding me and letting me cry because my father doenst think that Byzantine Catholic is Catholic. So I was sad in my dream. But after I saw Father Jack, I saw Father Joe O'Connor my vocation director of my diocese showed up. Then I woke up. I really didnt understand why I dreamt about Byzantine style last night. Last night before I went to bed I kept thinking my room was haunted. I am not used to the noise the heater makes or the wind outside. Since this is an od house many strange noises occur. The hallway reminds me of a horror movie and it was mostly quiet. It feels like Im the only one here. I feel at home in this room. I have my own bed, desk, and time (place) for meditation. This is the life I am almost surely positive I want to lead. I know this is a retreat and the times of prayer, meditation, and what not will change. But seeing the joy in the sisters and I know they balance work, pleasure and prayer. I want to shout out to the world the the Glory of God the Father I want to be a Sister of Life. Now I know with all new adventures comes some trials but Im willing to face them with Jesus Christ by my side and the Virgin Mary. Even in silence I just want to be tell someone I want to join the order. During my silent meditative prayer I thought of Touched by an Angel episode "The 151 psalm". Wynonna Judd plays a mother of a boy who had a terminable illness. She iss... just broke the silence with Father. It was nice to talk and tell someone that I am drawn to the community. I know some practical things such as this is not a retreat and the real living will change. The Lord is so good to me. He is amaing how much joy he has put into my heart, I dont ever what it to change. The feeling of the Lord is in my heart. I have a weird feeling in my heart God is calling me here or it could be the banana I just ate (LOL). More prayer, patience, and perserverance. Now the priest just gave me some scripture passages which talk about people being called.

The scriptures include"

Genesis 12:1-5
I Samuel 3 1-14
MK 10: 17-22
Philippians 4:8-13

No comments: