Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Part II: In him we live

We obtain all our energies from the Eucharist. The Eucharist is our strength and guide. When we are lost and cannot find our way Jesus will show you. Nothing can keep anyone from the Eucharist except for ourselves. The Eucharist draws us near to something pure and holy. Each time we sit in front of the Eucharist is different. But everything is new in Christ. Sometimes we just want to escape in the Eucharist. The Eucharist, the place to escape to where newness and wholeness remain. Our newness is created through JEsus Christ. The savior of the World. Everytime we look at the Eucharist wonder and awe, and the love of the Lord show us we can be set free from our sins. Sins will never hold us captive but the lord will hold us captive with his love. This love we see througout the gospels and throughout time. We see this love through the people we see, the relationships we make and the experiences that we carry. The love of the Eucharist will never die, The Eucharist says to us, Come to me all of you and I will give you rest. I yearn everyday for the passion of our Lord JEsus Christ who gave up his life so that we may have it. Love never ceases in the Eucharist. Our hearts will never grow weak when we have the Eucharist in our daily lives. I hungered and yearned for the Love of JEsus everyday until I found him in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is where I will stay. Nothing can tear me away from the Eucharist. Amazingness.!!! The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all have acounts of the Lords Last Supper. For example in Luke 22:14-21 we read, "When the hour came he took his place at table with the apostles he said to them. "I have eagerly desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer, for I tell you I shall not eat it (again) until there is fullfillment in the kingdom of God." Then he took a cup, gave thanks and said, "Take this and share it among yourself for I tell you (that) from this time I shall not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God calls". Then he took the break said the blessing and gave it to them sayings, " This is my body, which will be given up for you: Do this is memory of me. And Likewiss the cup after they had eaten saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood which will be shed for you". However in the time of Corinth the Last Supper was not being celebrated as it should. Paul, an apostle of Christ tells us of abuse of the Lords Suppper. He states, " First of all I hear that when you meet as a church there are divisions amoing you and to a degree I believe it... When you meet in one place then its not to eat the Lords Supper. For in eating each one goes aghead with his own supper and one goes hungry while another gets drunk. Do you have houses in which you eat or drink? or do you show contempt for the church of God and make those who have nothing feel ashamed. The Lords Suppper was intended for us. It was not intended for abuse. To think of abusing the Lords meal would be just plain wrong. AS we recieve the Eucharist we need and should examine ourselves body and soul. Paul contributes to that thought saying," A person should examine himself and so eat and drink the cup, for anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eat and drinks judgement on himself.

No comments: